Wednesday 14 November 2012

No more sugar!

Ok I admit it, I've not been trying very hard to be healthy. Over the last two days I've had 8 hot chocolates..and a mars bar! I woke up with terrible lower left back pain and aches in my fingers and toes. Plus I've been irritable and feeling down recently. I'm sure it's from the sugar.

It's like I've forgotten everything my doctor told me! He told me to cut back on sugar and to eat wholegrains and nibble throughout the day to keep my blood sugar levels healthy.

 So that's it! I'm off the sugar now and forever. I don't want to get diabetes that runs in my family. I don't want my skin to look older than it is and I don't want to have to deal with aches and mood swings and energy crashes.

I want to be healthy and full of energy and happy!



Here's what I'll be avoiding:
  1. Sugar
  2. Wheat
  3. Caffeine
Here's what I'll be enjoying:
  1. Fruit 
  2. Brown rice, quinoa and oats
  3. Lots of lovely water
Oats, I have no problem with, a bowl of porridge in the morning helps keep me satisfied until lunchtime with no energy crashes or lethargy.
Lunch is usually soup or rice and vegetables with hummus and salad.
For dinner I usually have omelette or some other light, low carb meal.

But most of all NO sugar!!!

I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. I wont get you a box of chocolates for christmas then :p

    ReplyDelete