Wednesday 4 July 2012

Sorry its been so quiet..

I've been super busy recently. I turned vegan about 3 months ago. This was pretty tough to start with and I had problems with my blood sugar and over-ate, put on weight and was depressed.
Then I tried spirulina for the first time and I was just like "where have you been all my life" it is amazing. I was recommended to keep a food diary from the doctors and to cut out sugar completely. I discovered through my diary that every time I was having food with yeast in, I was bloated, sleepy and had bags under my eyes the next day. So now finding stuff to eat is pretty tricky (That's vegan, no sugar or yeast!) I do love a good challenge though. Back to the spirulina - it really is incredible stuff. I've got more energy than I can ever remember having, my skin and hair are just ridiculously awesome and my constant appetite and thoughts of food 24/7 have all calmed down, I'm returning to my normal weight, and I can safely say I'm back to my happy self again.

Here is a typical day of what I eat.
8am - Smoothie or porridge with super protein powder, banana, apple, almond milk, dates, flaxseeds.
11am - I have either some more smoothie or a piece of fruit to keep my blood sugars stable.
2pm - Lunch at work, usually quinoa, lentils, daikon radish, carrots, seeds, hummus, that kind of thing.
5pm - More fruit
6:30pm - Dinner of tagine, stir fry, sushi, curry ...list goes on!

So there you have it. I also drink a lot of herbal tea and iced water with lemon (no caffeine), cycle to work everyday, work out 4 times a week and take spirulina 3 times a day.
I feel AMAZING!
I've recommended spirulina to two friends and they have thanked me so much because it is just wonderful stuff. Here are some of the benefits.

"an amazing wholefood supplement containing over 100 easily-absorbed, life-enhancing vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Gram for gram it has more bioavailable protein than meat, fish, eggs, cheese and is the closest thing to mother’s milk in nutritional value. Also rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and trace minerals and has more GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) than Evening Primrose Oil. You feel more energised and your blood-sugar levels become more balanced helping you lose or gain weight, whatever you need."


"Spirulina is a single-celled blue green algae that has the highest protein content of any natural food and is densely packed with over 100 vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and phytonutrients. This highly energising organism has been heralded as one of the key foods for the future. * Spirulina is 65% protein and contains all the essential amino acids * Spirulina contains the entire anti-oxidant spectrum * Spirulina contains 58 times more biochelated iron than raw spinach * Spirulina contains 25 times more beta-carotene that raw carrots! * Spirulina complements Chlorella as a dietary supplement and they are often taken together. Amazing facts * Spirulina is Nature's richest whole-food source of the entire anti-oxidant spectrum including: beta-carotene, vitamin E, selenium, methionine, cysteine, super oxide dismutase, glutathionine, peroxides, copper, manganese, zinc, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, and B-6. It is the only source of phycocyanin, an immune stimulant. * Spirulina contains 58 times the amount of biochelated iron than raw spinach and 28 times richer than raw beef liver. * Spirulina contains 3 times the amount of Vitamin E than raw wheat germ, and its action in the body is 49% greater than that of synthetic vitamin E. * Spirulina is nature's richest source of beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A). It's 25 times higher than raw carrots! * Spirulina is nature's richest source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA). It's 3 times richer than evening primrose! The polyunsaturated oils in Spirulina contain 21% GLA (GLA is the active ingredient in evening primrose oil - evening primrose oil contains up to 10% GLA). * Spirulina is a rich whole food source of chlorophyll - equal to that of alfalfa or wheat-grass."




If you want to read more, you can always head over to my main blog which I update much more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment